Silica Gel Direct's 100% orange silica gel in bulk for industrial purposes is a highly activated adsorbent available in a wide range. Its typicaly used to provide moisture adsorption in a variety of industrial applications.
Silica Gel has a very strong affinity for water and will adsorb it in preference to most other substances. It is also a good adsorbent for HCl, gasoline range hydrocarbons, CO2, Cl2, sulfur and nitrogen compounds, aromatics, and many others.
- Natural gas dehydration
- Packaged gas and liquid dehydrators
- High pressure gas drying cartridges
- Liquid petroleum gas dryers
- Scientific Applications
- Dynamic drying of refrigerants
- Organic liquid drying
- Decompostion of chemicals
- Is chemically inert, non-corrosive, and non-toxic
- No smell
- High Crush Strength
- Has relatively high capacity for moisture at temperatures below 25°C with relative humidity above 40%
- Remains dry even when fully saturated
- Does not form by-products